Watch the extreme workout regimen of a professional ballerina
- Kathryn Boren is a ballerina with American Ballet Theatre in the midst of her fourth consecutive season at the Met.
- Boren supplements her ballet training and rehearsals with intense, ballet-centric workouts.
- She works with trainers from celebrity-favorite gym DOGPOUND to create exercises that push her body to its limit.
- Boren is also a certified personal trainer as of 2018.
Kathryn Boren is a ballet dancer at the American Ballet Theatre.
As a professional dancer, she has noticed her body is not as adept as when she was younger and is now becoming more aware of her body and the toll of ballet dancing on it.
So she started to experiment with how to make it easier to prevent injuries and keep her body in a professional shape for longer.
The solution came when she started experimenting with cross-training and fitness. She soon found celebrity-favorite gym DOGPOUND who were eager to create exercises that pushed her body to its limit.
Boren supplements her ballet training and rehearsals with intense, ballet-centric workouts. And because of her ballet-built body she can do exercises that few can do, helping to incorporate flexibility into training regimes.
Boren mostly works on weight bearing and core
“We have to be able to control everything from our centre and have that stability. I've always had a very hard time building muscle in my legs so I've tried to really focus on that, keeping them strong, stable, a lot of ankle stability, which I feel was really important for me,” she said.
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- We shopped for school supplies at Checkers, Pick n Pay and others - here's how prices compared
- These were 2018’s top South African shares – and the biggest stinkers
- The 50 most followed Instagram accounts in 2018
- Fans and investors have thrown over R3.6 billion at this gorgeous video game – but it won’t hit shelves until at least 2020
- Watch: I swam with seals in Cape Town - here's what it's like to play with the 'puppies of the ocean'