People found a really easy way to make Siri curse
- A funny "Easter egg" surfaced over the weekend in which you can get Siri to curse.
- All you have to do is ask your iPhone to define the word "mother."
Siri's banter tops out at PG-13, but sometimes curse words can slip through.
Here's the latest example, via Reddit: Ask Siri to define the word "mother."
After responding with the first definition, Siri will then ask, "Do you want to hear the next one?"
Then Siri will inform you that mother can be shorthand for "motherf-----," a definition that counts as "vulgar slang." We were able to replicate the Easter egg of sorts on Monday. A rep for Apple didn't respond to a request for comment.
Here's video of the swearin' Siri — in Australian English:
Apple seems to be pulling the definition Siri is using from the Oxford dictionary, highlighting one problem with smart online assistants: They're only as smart as the data they're using. But the "vulgar slang" definition is actually the fourth listed, according to our screenshot, not the second definition.
Perhaps Apple should hook Siri up to the autocorrect predictions it uses for its keyboard; then, instead of cursing, it might try to define the word "motherducker."
- To keep classes full, Curro may give some parents loans to pay high-school fees
- The drought will push up wine prices by up to R47 a bottle. Stock up now with these reds.
- These are SA’s most reliable dividend-paying shares
- The five big differences between the BMW X1 vs X2
- Six things to do in the Namib desert when the sun goes down
- This cheap breast cancer drug – and 3,600 other medicines – is not on sale in SA due to a massive approval backlog