This is my favourite new feature in the latest iPhone software
- Some of the best new features in Apple's software are hidden.
- Here's how to use my favourite new hidden feature in iOS 12, which was released last week.
Apple released iOS 12, the latest version of the software that runs on iPhones and iPads, last week.
There are a lot of changes, including performance improvements, a new feature for tracking how much you use the phone, and more. You can check out some of the changes here and a full official changelog here.
But Apple didn't spend any time during its iPhone XS event last week covering my personal favourite "hidden gem" in the new software.
If you've ever needed to fix a typo or edit a paragraph on your iPhone, you're going to love this.
Simply long-press on the iPhone's space bar. Then you'll get a cursor you can move anywhere by dragging your finger.
You kind of have to see it to believe it.
This feature was actually first made available for the iPhone 6S, since that was the first phone with "Force Touch" (now "3D Touch"), but iOS 12 makes this functionality available on devices that lack 3D Touch, including older iPhones like the iPhone 5S, and the new iPhone XR coming in October. It also works on the iPad for the first time too.
Check it out:
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- Watch: 3,000 crop spraying drones help Chinese farmers fly into the future
- Fat in one part of your body is particularly dangerous for your health — here's what an exercise scientist says you can do about it
- GM, Ford, and Chrysler almost died a decade ago during the financial crisis — here's how the car manufacturers have changed since
- A former Googler and Facebook exec shares the best way to show your boss you deserve a promotion
- Why Theresa May's Salzburg humiliation increases the chance of a no-deal Brexit