These are the 10 best iPhone photos taken around the world according to Apple
- Apple revealed the winners of its Shot on iPhone competition this week.
- The selected images were taken around the world on phone models ranging from the iPhone 7 to the iPhone Xs Max.
- The winners will have their images featured on billboards, in Apple retail stores, and online.
Of all the enhancements Apple has made to the iPhone in recent years, its camera upgrades may be the most apparent - especially when it comes to taking zoom shots, low-light photos, and portraits. And photographers have wasted no time finding creative ways to leverage these improvements in their work.
Earlier this year, Apple invited iPhone photographers to submit their best images as part of its Shot on iPhone challenge. The 10 selected winners, which Apple announced this week, will have their images featured on billboards in select cities, the company's retail stores, and online. Apple says a variety of iPhone models were used to snap the winning shots, ranging from the iPhone 7 to the iPhone Xs Max.
Contestants were permitted to edit the photos through tools in the iPhone Photos app or with third-party software. The photos were evaluated by a panel of judges comprised of Pete Souza, who was the chief official White House photographer for President Obama, travel photographer Annet de Graaf, and Apple Senior Vice President of Worldwide Marketing Phil Schiller among many others.
Take a look at the winning photos below:
Taken by Alex Jiang (US) on an iPhone Xs Max
Taken by Blake Marvin (US) on an iPhone Xs Max
Taken by Andrew Griswold (US) on an iPhone Xs
Taken by Bernard Antolin (US) on an iPhone Xs Max
Taken by Darren Soh (Singapore) on an iPhone Xs Max
Taken by Dina Alfasi (Israel) on an iPhone X
Taken by Elizabeth Scarrott (US) on an iPhone 8 Plus
Taken by LieAdi Darmawan (US) on an iPhone Xs
Taken by Nikita Yarosh (Belarus) on an iPhone 7
Taken by Robert Glaser (Germany) on an iPhone 7
For more, go to Business Insider South Africa
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- You can now transfer your cellphone data to other people for free - except if you're with Vodacom
- There are big differences in braai meat prices across South Africa - with the Western Cape paying up to 23% more
- South Africa's 'number one' chips: McCain forced to withdraw claim after Steers fights back
- Oprah Winfrey avoided at least a R550 million loss after unloading bunch of her Weight Watchers shares at a perfect time
- You can now get tekkies that look like avocado toast
- Rain could beat cellphone network giants Vodacom, MTN, Cell C and Telkom to 5G