A 7-year-old was taken to hospital after swallowing an AirPod
- An Atlanta mom said in a Facebook post that her 7-year-old had to go to the hospital after swallowing an AppleAirPod earbud.
- The child had been given the AirPods for Christmas and accidentally swallowed one, prompting a visit to the hospital.
- An X-Ray taken at the hospital showed the AirPod in his stomach.
- "No more AirPods for this kid," she wrote.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Kiara Stroud had to make an unexpected visit to the emergency room after her 7-year-old son accidentally swallowed an AirPod, she said in a Facebook post Saturday.
Stroud's son was healthy and doing well by Thursday, she told Business Insider, but added that the AirPod "hasn't passed through yet." In a follow-up post on Facebook, she said her son had been released from the hospital.
The Atlanta mom had gifted her son the pair of AirPods as a Christmas gift. He was holding one in his mouth when he accidentally choked on it and swallowed it.
"Today was one of the days we'll look back on, thank God that everything was okay, and laugh at when he's older," she wrote in a follow-up Facebook post.
Stroud's son isn't the first to accidentally swallow an AirPod. In May, a man in Taiwan said he accidentally ingested an AirPod while sleeping, and later found that it was still working when he recovered it.
Receive a daily update on your cellphone with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- Jacob Zuma visited a Capitec branch with Dudu Myeni this week – causing a ‘commotion’
- An investment in this SA giant a year ago would have delivered an incredible 290% return
- Leave days: How to make the most of SA's public holidays this year - including turning your Easter break into 10 days off
- The petrol price doubled over the past decade - with fuel tax jumping 132%
- Speculation is running wild on how former Nissan CEO Carlos Ghosn fled Japan in an instrument case aboard a private jet
- Here’s what the top Apple and Samsung smart(ish) phones looked like 10 years ago
- The Polo Vivo has been SA’s favourite car for a decade – and it hasn’t really increased in price
- Revealed: The most Googled terms in South Africa over the past decade