This dog is best friends with a ferret, and the photos of their unlikely friendship will make your day
- Nova the dog and Pacco the ferret are best friends.
- Their owner, Diana Grib, documents their friendship on the Instagram account @nova_n_paco.
- Their favourite things to do together include tug-of-war with a ball and playful fighting.
- For more stories, go to Business Insider SA.
Unlikely friendships are the most fun to root for. Especially when both parties are adorable, fluffy animals.
Diana Grib's dog, Nova, and her ferret, Pacco, became best buds when she added Pacco to the family four months ago. She shares photos of their adventures and snuggles on Instagram, each snapshot cuter than the last (seriously, someone give them a sitcom already).
Here are a few highlights from their blossoming friendship.
Meet Nova and Pacco.
Nova is the dog, and Pacco is the ferret.
They live in Vilnius, Lithuania, with Diane Grib.
They enjoy exploring their surroundings.
Grib has had Nova for two-and-a-half years and Pacco for four months, but it didn't take them long to become inseparable.
"It took only one day for them to become best buds, as they couldn't resist playing with each other," she told Insider.
Grib describes Nova as "an extremely energetic and social dog" who loves to be the center of attention.
Nova adores the attention Pacco shows her.
"This is why she is absolutely in love with Pacco and forgives him, even when he plays rough," she said.
Pacco has more of a "chill temperament," but Grib says he's definitely the alpha in their friendship.
Pacco calls the shots.
"He is nothing like a standard ferret should be," she said. "He loves to cuddle and give kisses to everyone — me, Nova, or even strangers during our walks."
Ferrets are usually playful and sociable, but also territorial, according to the Merck Manual.
Grib documents Nova and Pacco's adorable friendship on Instagram.
Their Instagram account, @nova_n_paco, has nearly 9,000 followers.
"They are very similar and different at the same time," Grib said of her pets. "What they really have in common is their curiosity, bravery, and playfulness."
They get along swimmingly.
Their favourite activities to do together include tug-of-war with a ball and playful fighting.
Ferrets need lots of play and exercise to remain healthy, and Nova is happy to oblige.
"And of course, after all kinds of activities, their favourite thing is to cuddle up together and have a rest before a new adventure."
Receive a daily update with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- These prime Gupta properties will be auctioned soon - including the infamous Saxonwold compound
- Earning big bucks and packaging Zam-Buk - what we know about the new Eskom CEO
- FNB launched its zero-fee bank account ahead of Bank Zero - here’s how it compares to other entry levels accounts
- Shoprite: Christmas came early thanks to Springbok World Cup win
- Avbob introduces a new 'green' cremation - no flames, just water and heat
- Kulula, BA planes may have to be serviced overseas if strike drags on - FlySafair says it can't help