This is what Absa will look like from next week
- Absa is relaunching its brand next week.
- Last week it applied for new trademarks.
- This is it's new (if still officially unconfirmed) logo – though we still don't know what it is doing with all the colours suddenly popping up.
Absa is due to relaunch its brand next week, but trademark filings show what its new logo will look like.
Absa applied for two new trademarks on 27 June, which now form part of public records, first spotted and reported by BusinessTech.
This is what the filings look like.
Absa has been using the word "digital" a great deal during 2018, and the new registrations have a distinctly digital feeling to them.
Absa has been dropping pointed hints towards its new identity since March.
It has also been using a range of colours in internal presentations since March – which seemed to have no meaning until similar colours started appearing on an in Absa headquarters in Johannesburg this week.
How the colours relate to the new identity is not clear, and as before Absa has resolutely refused to comment or answer questions.
However, Business Insider South Africa understands that staff in South Africa have been briefed about the new banner under which they will be working, and have kept the plans quiet to date.
Absa CEO Maria Ramos said in March that the new approach "will have something new and something old" "with an identity fit for the modern, new and forward-looking businesses we are creating."
"We are bringing Africa into Absa," she said.
Receive a single email every morning with all our latest news: Sign up here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- The new Pick n Pay 'plastic' bag can be used as compost in your garden - this is what it looks like
- Google killed its adorable blob emojis, and it's a huge mistake
- South Africa pays R5 more for petrol than the rest of Southern Africa – here’s how we compare to the rest of the world
- Watch: Why the World Cup soccer ball looks so different
- Compare your income to the rest of South Africa with this calculator