Watch: A closer look at the 'iPlane' Kanye West pitched to Trump
Kanye West's visit to the White House last week made headlines when he pitched to US President Donald Trump a prototype of a hydrogen-powered jet replacement to Air Force One.
Dubbed the iPlane 1, its real designer has nothing to do with Apple, or the rapper.
It turns out that it's a concept piece made by industrial designer Shabtai Hirshberg, for his 2012 master’s thesis project 'Imagining the Future of Air Travel in 2030'.
In an interview with The Verge, Hirshberg said that West's interest in his project completely caught him by surprise. A good surprise, I would say,” he added.
The designer went on to explain that West would easily have been able to access the concept as he had posted it all over the internet.
Hirshberg hopes that his pitch will reach Apple.
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- The price of Clicks’ faulty pregnancy tests: Fights, surgery and devastation
- KPMG partners could face a R2 billion claim on VBS - and their insurance may not pay
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's baby will probably have a different surname to the rest of the royals
- Why Siamese cats have become scarce in South Africa
- A miniature universe exists just beyond our sight — these photos capture it in beautiful, breathtaking detail