Watch: A beauty pageant for dairy cows, and the stylists who make them udderly beautiful
- Bovine beauties were all the rage at the 45th 'Schau der Besten' hosted in Verden Germany.
- Hundreds of breeders gathered to show off their cows.
- Special stylists brush out blemishes, spray their coats, and lather their udders with baby oil – to sheen in front of the judges.
From photoshoots to the judging ring, these bovine beauties were all the rage at the 45th 'Schau der Besten' hosted in Verden Germany.
Here hundreds of breeders gathered to show off their cows.
Some cows spent three weeks getting into shape for the even, fed on a special diet of hay.
It gives them an edge on the show floor, broadening their ribs and body depth.
Special stylists are also flown in from all over the world to brush out blemishes, spray their coats, and lather their udders with baby oil – to sheen in front of the judges.
The judges looked at factors such as build, longevity, and milk output, which can reach as much as 40 litres of milk per day.
And in case you missed it, here is the ultimate moment when Lady Gaga was crowned Miss Verden of Dairy Cows.
The three-time winner strode down a red carpet to music from of a live string quartet and under golden confetti.
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- These suburbs can order their groceries via Uber — but there's a 7.5% catch
- Bruce Whitfield: Uncertainty is breeding chaos in South Africa
- Speed limits for fishing boats, relocating abalone farms, and other highlights from a brand new plan to make agriculture ‘climate smart’
- Cape Town Uber prices triple as a taxi strike leaves commuters stranded