Apple announced its largest iPhone to date, the iPhone XS Max, during an event in California on Wednesday. It's about the same size as the existing iPhone 8 Plus, but with much more screen real estate.
- A 6.5-inch (16.5cm) OLED "Super Retina" display with 60% better high dynamic range for colours. That's noticably larger than the 5.5-inch (14cm) display on the iPhone 8 Plus.
- The phone itself is about the same size as the iPhone 8 Plus.
- Its body is made of "surgical grade" stainless steel.
- The screen is a "new formulation" of glass that's stronger than that of previous iPhones.
- It comes in three finishes: Gold, silver, and space gray.
- It sports IP68 water resistance, meaning it can withstand up to two meters of depth for up to 30 minutes.
- It runs on the Apple A12 Bionic chip, which it boasts is the most powerful yet — with processing cores reserved for neural processing, key to artificial intelligence.
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa: