An 82-year-old US female bodybuilder sent an unlucky home invader to hospital
- A Rochester, New York, home invader made a terrible mistake when he tried to rob Willie Murphy.
- Murphy is 82 years old, but she goes to the gym every day and can still deadlift 100 kilograms, WHAM reported.
- When the man broke into her home, Murphy charged at him while wielding a table. Murphy beat the man so hard with the table that it broke.
- While the man was on the ground, Murphy poured an entire bottle of shampoo on his face and beat him with a broom.
- Police arrived and took a selfie with Murphy who they called, "tough as nails".
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
A Rochester, New York, home invader made a terrible mistake when he tried to rob what the thought was an unsuspecting 82-year-old woman. In reality, that woman was actually bodybuilder Willie Murphy who, despite her age, can still deadlift 100 kilograms.
While preparing for bed late Thursday evening, Murphy responded to a man knocking at her door claiming he was sick and in need of an ambulance, WHAM reported. The 82-year-old left to call the police but was startled mid-call by the sound of the man violently banging on the door, trying to break it down. The man succeeded. But rather than run or hide though, Murphy reportedly grabbed a nearby table.
"I'm alone, and I'm old but guess what? I'm tough," Murphy told WHAM. "I took that table, and I went to working on him. And guess what? The table broke."
Murphy didn't stop there. The senior reportedly grabbed a bottle of shampoo and poured it over the face of the injured assailant. Then, after pouring the entire bottle over the intruder's face, Murphy commenced beating him with a broom.
"I got the broom," Murphy told WHAM. "He's pulling the broom. I'm hitting him with the broom."
Responding to her earlier call, police arrived on the scene to find the man beaten down, humiliated, and drenched in shampoo.
Ms. Murphy standing shoulder to shoulder with Genesee Section Officers after an intruder attempted to break into her home. Ms. Murphy is tough as nails & fended off the intruder. Ms. Murphy standing with some of the officers that responded to her home. pic.twitter.com/1gr8KfWZ4d— Rochester NY Police (@RochesterNYPD) November 25, 2019
Impressed, the four police that arrived on the scene asked to take a selfie with Murphy who they called, "tough as nails."
The home intruder got what he initially asked for and was driven off in an ambulance. Murphy told WHAM she hopes her story can inspire confidence in others, regardless of their age.
Receive a daily update with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- Checkers is testing a 1-hour-delivery online shopping service in Sandton and Cape Town – and for now it is free
- TAKE A LOOK: Inside South Africa's biggest mall, where kids have their own cinema with a giant tube slide inside
- Blueberries are now being harvested in the Limpopo bush – and exported across the world
- This aerial photo shows how much of Saxonwold the Guptas owned
- We tried Ricoffy’s new iced coffee – and even the coffee snobs liked it
- Sales of Beacon chocolate shot up thanks to new wrappers