8 stock picks from top asset managers
At the Allan Gray Investment Summit in Cape Town yesterday, participating fund managers and professional investors shared their favoured investments currently.
Coronation portfolio manager Pallavi Ambekar: MTN
Allan Gray portfolio manager Duncan Artus: Woolworths
Prudential head of equities Johny Lambridis: MultiChoice
Sesfikile Capital portfolio manager Evan Jankelowitz: Echo Polska Properties (EPP), a Polish owner of malls and shops. Listed on the JSE.
Orbis head of fixed income Ashley Lynn: Gold
Columbia Threadneedle head of global equities Neil Robson: Alphabet
Baillie Gifford partner Scott Nisbet - Tesla
Schroders fund manager Nicholas Kirrage - GAM Asset Management, a Swiss fund manager.
(Source: Independent analyst Johann Biermann)
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- This is the way online shops in South Africa get you to spend more
- These are the cheapest food franchises you can buy in South Africa - including King Pie, Sausage Saloon, and Corner Bakery
- How to save R84,000 for the price of 5 coffees a month
- Computers are starting to track South African animal 'celebrities' and bring the bush into your lounge
- One of the world's biggest companies wants to buy a local food giant – here's what it will mean for South Africans