6 great heating appliances that will be easy on your electricity bill
- The cold continues, and the Weather Service's forecast suggests heating will stay in demand well into August.
- These are some of the better energy-saving ways to heat your home until spring.
Based on current prices, electricity in Johannesburg and other urban centres will set you back around R1.85 per kW. A standard 11-fin oil heater from Game, using up 2.5 kW of electricity per hour will therefore come down to R4.62 for every hour of heating.
That's about R518 added to the electricity bill for one month of heating – and that's only for four hours a per day.
These 6 heating appliances, however, could minimise the electricity bill this winter with their great energy-efficient technology.
1. Dyson AM09
It is not only cool-looking and futuristic. This appliance prides itself on providing fast whole-room heating, and also cooling. Its long-range heat-projection famously delivers heat throughout the room, all for 2,000 watts.
But it isn't cheap.
2. Delonghi Slim Style Convector heater
3. Warmwatcher Gaea - GPH2000
4. Goldair 3 Panel Gas Heater
5. Russell Hobbs Ceramic Tower Heater
6. Stadler Form Anna Ceramic Fan Heater
Receive a single email every morning with all our latest news: Sign up here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- These tech skills will land you a R500,000 job – while accountants, nurses and drivers are also in hot demand
- Chesanyama's owner didn’t pay its taxes last year – but has high hopes for its new Brazilian, US, and French chains
- This SA-created irrigation system cuts water usage by up to 70% - and is revolutionising orchards
- I tried ‘electro muscle shock’ therapy. It promises to replace an entire week’s workout with just one 20 min session
- Meet the 24-year-old American prodigy set to disrupt SA’s used car industry - within the next two years