1. Steinhoff's share price tumbled to a new record low after it said two deals with entities related to its former chair and biggest shareholder Christo Wiese didn’t follow proper disclosure processes. The agreements were made in the two months leading up to the emergence of financial irregularities that have wiped more than 90% off the value of the retailer since December.
2. The Gupta brothers failed to show up at an Eskom hearing in Parliament. The Hawks will now reportedly help track them down.
3. Former auditor-general Shauket Fakie has so far cleared the property group Resilient of various allegations of share-price manipulation. This followed accuiations from various investors.
4. Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg testified before the US Senate in a gruelling five-hour session. The 33-year-old CEO gave a somewhat robotic performance - but didn’t make any major mistakes.
5. Netherlands-based Vivo Energy plans to list on the JSE. It operates more than 2,000 petrol stations across the African continent.
Some 36 new cars - many of them SUVs - were unveiled at the 2018 New York Auto Show. Here are some of our favourites: