This 4-year-old artist has made R240,000 from his paintings – and counting
To date Advait Kolarkar has sold art worth around some R240,000 in total. He is four years old.
Now living in Canada, the young painter's website has a long list of sold paintings as is work keeps being snapped up.
At age two his works went for around R7,000 each – but in recent exhibitions have fetched prices closer to R25,000.
Not every critic is crazy about his work, and some have questioned the impact of putting a child so young into a system "in which the merit of their creative work is judged according to market value".
But recently Kolarkar became the youngest artist in 40 years to feature at the prestigious ArtExpo New York.
Receive a single email every morning with all our latest news: Sign up here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- The 4 stages of a break-up: Old Mutual’s move from international playboy to devoted African business
- We tried burgers from Steers, Burger King, Wimpy, and McDonald's. The winner was clear.
- I was so fed up with traffic that I bought a motorbike - and the results were surprising
- Capetonian allergy sufferers can now track how much pollen is in the air – thanks to this nifty piece of equipment
- Trump just made a big move that could de-escalate the trade war with China