This company helps its SA staff lose weight with cash prizes and bootcamps. Also, new parents get R5,000.
- Nestlé SA's gives staff R5,000 on the birth of their children.
- The company also helps employees with dieting and exercise.
- Its wellness programme has been named the best in the country.
Nestlé South Africa's wellness programme has scooped an award for being the best in the country. Here's why.
1. Care for new parents
Nestlé gives all staff R5,000 on the birth of their children. There is a crèche at the company's Sandton headquarters, in addition to breast-feeding rooms.
The company assists pregnant mothers with education on how to express milk.
Paid maternity and paternity leave is four months, and can be extended to six months.
2. All sorts of professional advice.
All employees are assisted with legal advice, as well as financial education.
There is on-site access to dieticians, psychologists, and counsellors.
Ergonomic assessments and physiotherapy at work keep muscular skeletal injuries at bay.
3. Exercise and diets
Dieters can land themselves a cash prize of R10,000 for losing weight.
Boot camps, low calorie diets, and on-site gyms with classes and access to personal trainers are among ways for workers to keep fit.
Braver employees can tackle the Comrades marathon on the company's dime too.
The number of employees with chronic illnesses and muscular skeletal complaints also went down significantly as a result of their wellness programme.
Receive a single email every morning with all our latest news: Sign up here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- Here's how to do business with the government, and get paid
- We checked the shelves to see if ‘pink tax’ exists, and found women pay much more than men for the same thing
- These SA data scientists have had great success with predicting World Cup scores - and they believe they know who will win the tournament
- An astounding image of the massive black hole at the centre of our galaxy, courtesy of Africa's new super telescope