Mercedes-Benz revealed its new flagship sedan's interior designed to look like a luxurious yacht — take a closer look at its opulent features
- The upcoming 2021 Mercedes-Benz S-Class will have a very nautical-themed interior.
- There will be open-pore wood veneers and real aluminum inlays.
- The car will be officially unveiled later this year.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
While we haven't seen the upcoming 2021 Mercedes-Benz S-Class yet, we now have a better idea of what its interior will look like. It doesn't disappoint.
The S-Class is Mercedes's most executive model. It's the stately sedan that's better to be driven around in than to drive yourself. We already know that the seventh generation, which will be unveiled later this year, will have as many as five screens inside: two in the front and up to three in the back.
The new interior will have "elegant airiness" and "lounge characteristics," according to a Wednesday press release. Mercedes envisions it as a "third place," or, the "refuge between home and workplace." But seeing as we're all currently stuck in a global pandemic, the car might get bumped up to a "second place."
Mercedes says it drew a lot of inspiration from yacht design elements. There will be lots of open-pore wood veneers and real aluminum inlays.
Keep scrolling for a closer look.
Receive a daily update on your cellphone with all our latest news: click here.
Get the best of our site emailed to you daily: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- Covid-19 hotspots have been scrapped – just as KZN outpaces the Western Cape – ‘for now’
- You may want to check the expiry date on that beer before you pay
- A giant rig is heading for the ‘Luiperd’ – in a bet worth billions on a big SA gas find
- Hackers hit Momentum Metropolitan
- Why Eskom is load shedding again – and why it’ll get worse